Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Time to celebrate!

After many rounds of interviews and much debating I was able to reach a decision on my next career move... I am joining Deloitte as a Manager in the audit advisory practice! I am very excited about this opportunity and can't wait to start on July 15!

After completing my paperwork this morning I set off to enjoy the day! First thing on the agenda was a hair cut :) Along the way, I decided to stop and smell some beautiful roses. I absolutely love all the roses here!



On a side note... I was able to explore Holland park some last week. It is one of the larger parks and had great little quiet spots to relax and enjoy the green space. Here are some pictures from my walk.....

Another beautiful rose garden


Kyoto Garden in the Park

After the haircut I set out to find some food and I just happen to stumble upon this super cute pub. It has plants all over the side of it and there was loads of character inside too. And of course it served Thai food, so I loved it!!!


Next I stopped by the grocery store on the way to pick up a few things. I find myself going there just about everyday since you have to carry everything you buy all the way home :) It tends to make each trip a little lighter! haha On the walk home, it turns out that there is a movie being filmed at the end of the street. I asked someone on the set and it turns out the filming is for a documentary. 

I am standing at the end of the street here looking at the set. The Westfield Shopping Mall is behind the set and our flat is behind me. (PS. I found out the Westfield shopping mall is the largest shopping mall in Europe!!!)


The flat on the end appears to be one used in the film. 



Last but not least... here are some other random photos I have taken and a fun fact or two I learned this weekend. 

Look at how deep the tube goes here!

Cool art!

A great view of the Shard! This is the tallest building in London and is said to offer some great sights. We will see if I ever make it to the top of it given my fear of heights!! haha

Fun fact: Rocket is the same thing as arugula and Courgette is the same thing as Zucchini.  

I am currently relaxing at the flat now, watching the very close Murray match, and looking at wedding venues to visit next week. Wimbledon has had so many upsets this year! They even gave a nickname to last Wednesday because of all the injuries and upsets.... Black Wednesday!  

I would love to hear how everyone is doing at home! We set up a phone plan that allows us to call home now... so shoot me a message or email and we can set up a phone date!  

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the job... that's awesome!! Nothing new here yet...33 weeks down and hopefully they'll stay in the oven a couple more weeks!! Let me know if you get Skype set up.

    ReplyDelete