Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Nothing like a free trip to NYC!

Shortly after our weekend in Paris, I got to head to NYC for work.... and luckily for me one of my besties lives there! It was sooo good to see and hang out with Cassie and Dinesh. I have been to NYC a few times but never really had the opportunity to do some tourist stuff. I even got 2 weekends with them!

Weekend 1
I got in on a Sunday afternoon and was not feeling too hot. Denish's mother made me some great homecooked Indian. I think it really opened up my sinus and I was able to power through in morning for some great sight seeing!  
First stop was Carlos' Bake Shop!
and then off to the city... Rockefeller center

It was off to Central Park next! 
We did a bicycle ride around the park...so much fun!

Saw the famous lake house in the middle of the park
Classic picture in the middle of the park
Trying to re-create the opening Friends scene :) 
John Lennon!


Weekend 2!
We went out to Chelsea for dinner on Friday night. We were able to snag a great seat outside and the weather couldn't have been more perfect.. it had a nice breezy and the company was fantastic :)

   
The next morning we got up and went out to Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty
Great views from NJ while waiting on the boat
Ellis Island

Statue of Liberty!
Afterwards was wondered around and walked down to Wall St. 
Federal Reserve Bank of NY
911 Memorial
One Trade Center
We walked across the Brooklyn Bridge
We got there just in time for sunset too! 

After the bridge we headed out to get some dinner and to celebrate the birthday boy - Dinesh! 

Thanks again for hanging out with me and showing me the city!

No comments:

Post a Comment